Monday, July 14, 2008

Forgetting

Somehow, I wrote a full essay here, only to have it disappear and become unused. I therefore am writing this in one sitting, and fast. I'm almost too tired to write. It is hard to make my fingers do what my b rain wants them to do, and Iconstantly misspell and do typographical errrors. 

One of my parameters that we watch: how well I can type. I used to type almost as fast as Richard, now the Chief, Department of Anesthesiology, Stanford University Medical Center. And one of the 3 smartest men I have ever met: the two others  are Dr. Shadrad and my husband. 

Now, I have lost my time to write here in this journal of sorts. I must get sleep so the little one can get up in the morning and attend the Vacation Bible School. I hope she sees many of her friends from last year. There was somebody I knew who hardly got to wake up every School Year unless he had a stomach ache. No one seemed to know what affect a single parents' perceived 'constantly moving' would have in the future. It is a syndrome. It is a serious issue.

I believe that Disablled people, as I do, start having trouble with poor or extremely different types of forgetfulness. If you  remind me to write about this topic later, please do so. I may forget. Just refer to "Forgetfulneds" and "What happened on the last day of fourth grade?"

I can see some of you shaking your heads, wringing your hands in discomfort, and denying you are forgetful. Some of you have to be fired first, or lose money and become broke. You gamble it away instead of purchasing presents for your friends or family and taking zero chances that you will lose the money you worked so hard for. You will  then come to know it on your own. Other people see it, but you deny it and/or cover it up.  Everyone is afraid of being forgetful because of all the negative social connotations. (Remind me to tell you about fourth grade, of what happened to me on the last day of class).

I'm just too tired. Going to watch my favorite "Private Investigator" show. Maybe I'l learn some hints. I am attending a Mediation meeting tomorrow morning. I am the Complaintant and the other side is our local city association member, I think. Please pray that the meeting goes well to our advantage.

If we win (we are representing ourselves), we will have made some big strides for the Disabled population in our city. Talk to you later.


No comments: