Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Book: No More Tears

This is not the usual kind of book. To those who have never been in a hospital, never been ill for months on end....I hope you never need to know the contents of this book.

For those of you who are sick, who have a loved one who is sick, or those of you young people who actually think about who is going to take care of you when you get older, this is for you. If people brush you off and treat you as invisible, and you wonder if you are going crazy, read on.

I wrote this book while I was hospitalized over and over again, spanning 2 years or so. Remember that I have a traumatic brain injury (TBI), so not everything is meant to make perfect sense. There will be errors, I will repeat myself. I will talk about one thing and then wander off and talk about something else. Then I forgot what I was first talking about (i.e., "derailing").

The book provides not only inspiration and a look at a dreaded disease whose name is unbeknowingst to most people, but it attempts to scientifically describe my abilities, my disabilities, my illness. In order for someone to.....get some help from it....find some comfort in knowing that others are miracles and have worked to be a Survivor. The Epilogue is gluing, and the Appendices in the back: useful to see how hospitals/nursing homes work, at least from my vantage.

The patient gets to ask questions. The patient must be treated with respect.  Brace yourself for a refreshing and unusual scientific and inspirational message!

No comments: