Sunday, June 28, 2009

Triple Sleepover Sunday, June 28, 2009

God woke me up this morning and asked me if I could help be a mother to three little girls. One day I am too tired to get out of bed. Another day I can say, "yes" or "no" to a new opportunity. What will this day be like? Too hot to go outside to church. Too hot to breathe in the hot air, as it sucks my water right out of my body.

God is in charge. I miss being a Mommy. He knows that. I know that. So, He sent me a little troop of kids to care for. I had a lovely day. Slept to make up for overnight not sleeping. Now I can't stop the letters from being italics. Now, I have a sore throat from talking to the girls so much. We watched them swim and I felt like a happy mother hen, making sure no one slipped to hit their head. Watching children have pure laughter. Listening to the conversations of children who didn't know that I was listening. Hearing chatter, chit chatter, and some pretty funny stuff. 

I love tents in the living room, kids screaming in the pool, and looking around at what God has blessed us with. I was going to write today, but it is Sunday. A day of rest. I called my mother Renee and got more motherly advice out of pure love. I received messages from people I love, but was too tired to call any one back. I want to visit my mother, and my Maid of Honor's mother, too. Here we've been for three years, and sometimes I ponder the old days with much fondness.

Well, I have the best invitation of the day. I can sleep on the floor with my daughter, who misses me so much that she leaves her sleepover friends! :-)! I guess that if I can sleep in a hospital bed with people interrupting me with needles, cheery nurses at 3 am who have to get my blood pressure, and beeping noises all around me as I am on telemetry to keep a watch on my heart EKG patterns. Well, I will try. The little ones are begging for me now. It sure is good to be loved. I hope my daughter will love me forever. I know my son will, too. For now, that is all I need to know. Love. 

Next time, I won't select any italics, because I do not know how to get out of it. It's not that user friendly. My daughter. My daughter. My daughter. I love her so much. One day, many years from now, she will remember sitting and reading this note, while her girlfriends are downstairs for the sleepover. She will remember how I wanted her friends to come to our house. She will remember the little things I did to make times memorable. Tents to sleep in. Blankets and pillows for everyone. Good night for now. My daughter calls me away and I must go. 

No comments: