Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday, March 17, 2009: St. Patrick's Day, Tyler's Birthday, No IV day.

I woke up this morning to the faint odor of staleness. In my half-stupor, I began feeling the sheets and pillowcases around me that were tinged with my iv fluid that was supposed to be going into my heart. On closer inspection, the iv tubing had accidentally been pulled off and 30 ml/hr was dripping all over the bed. I used to practice being blind when I was little, so that I would know how to do something in the dark. 

I am drifting off to sleep as I try to stay awake long enough to make my entry. The world does not have enough places of recognizable reward. So I talk to our wonderful Lord Jesus. There were many times that I spent, giving my sufferings over to Christ. 

1. God woke me up with the wetness of life, an astounding sense of humor upheld.
2.God woke me up this morning with a large sense of fateful people just spontaneously and erratically
3. God woke me up this morning with my iv disengaged from my PICC line. Praise to the Lord.

No comments: